Thursday, July 26, 2007

Connectivism

Well I am burning the midnight oil while watching The Tonight Show. Michael Moore, the film maker was on and was talking about his new movie Sicko. He talked about how someone was assessed a bill of $66,000 from an insurance company. A video on UTube that mentioned Moore was what helped get the bill changed to $500. Moore knows how to use the media, which now includes the networked community. People are looking out for other people and are truly creating a community. You Tube videos also were the source of the questions for a recent Democratic debate. It allowed “common everyday” people to participate in the debate. Again, proof of connectivism, as is the degree to which teens stay connected with text messages, My Sapce etc. Just today I was on the internet looking for reviews of vacuum cleaners. On one of the sights there was a blog about vacuum cleaners. Now that blog has become a part of my vocabulary, blogs seem to be popping up everywhere.
PS: I just looked on the internet to check on the spelling of “Sicko”.” It took me to Michael Moore’s page. There, among other things, were blogs.
(I am trying out the label for this post.)
David

1 comment:

mrichme said...

Your label worked!