Friday, July 27, 2007

Two Peas in a Pod

My daughter and I had fun making the podcast together. We used Garage Band on our IMac computer. Garage Band makes it very simple to create a podcast. When you first open Garage Band one of the options is to create a new podcast. After a click you are ready to create. It sets you up with voice tracks and music/sound effects tracks. It was quite simple to record our voices – just click the record button. We then went through the lists of music and sound effects and dragged some up. It was easy to shorten a track – with Apple it is apple T and then delete the newly divided section. Before I sent the file to Podomatic, I exported the file to ITunes. In doing that formattingit shrank the file size significantly. Katie is quite impressed with hearing her voice over the internet. We did type out our script as we thought of it so parts sound a bit robotic - mostly my parts. Katie was an anchor for her school video news so she has a good announcing voice with lots of inflection by now. I would make that part of the lesson for students. I am curious what percentage of the time teachers have their students read a “script” rather than just improvise for podcasts. ????
David

No comments: