Friday, July 27, 2007

Apple and Blogger

I learned something new this morning about Blogger and Apple. When I put my podcast on a blog post I wanted to create a direct link. I thought there must be a link button somewhere, but search as I might I could not find one. I right clicked on the words and created a link, but it did not work when I checked it. Thank you Jeff for the tip on how to create a direct link. There is a button for it, but not when you are using Apple’s Safari. I decided to try Firefox and sure enough there were all of the options I was missing in Safari like bold etc. My guess is that some of those glitches will be worked out over time as Apple gains more market share and there are more Apple users.
David

2 comments:

mrichme said...

A lot of Web 2.0 sites seem to have a different look to them depending on the browser you use. Safari has fallen behind, I'm curious if Safari 3 will fix those shortcomings.

Susan said...

I think this points out the danger of teaching our students a specific tool rather than the skills to work with different types of tools. The middle school in my town uses MACS and the kids say, "why should I learn that word processor. Next year I go to high school and they use PC's. I'll never use a MAC again." A computer teacher told me he stresses how to use a word processor and not how to use a specific one. In the job market, it's the skills that transfer and not what you did for a specific implementation.