Sunday, August 12, 2007

VLE and Me

VLE- It was a most interesting experience taking a trip through Second Life. Jeff, thanks for sharing a magic carpet with me. It was an amazing tour. It was surprisingly easy to think of the animated characters as people. When we were “sitting” together it really seemed as though we were sitting together. The interesting thing is that the main way to communicate was typing text. I would think that using actual voices would make it even more interesting. I was surprised at how many areas are related to education. I could see students "getting into" this, particularly at the high school level. While Second Life was truly amazing, I don’t see it as something I would have elementary school students use individually. I would definitely see benefits to something like Elluminate which I will talk about in another post.
David

No comments: